Monday, September 28, 2015

Art field trip to the UMMA

A tradition: taking a group shot of the 5/6s at the Cube

On Thursday, the entire 5/6 took a trip to the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) to view some exhibits that related to their developing portrait work. Monica has written a bit about it on her blog, which can be found here. (Check it weekly! She updates every Friday!)


(In her entry discussing this field trip, she mentions that photography was forbidden, which meant that she couldn't get any photos of the kids working. I was unaware of the no photography rule at first, so I inadvertently violated that policy. If you keep it quiet, I'll show you a few of the photos that I got before a security guard politely asked me to put away my camera. SHHHH.... IT'S OUR SECRET.) 

Monica had us spend about fifteen minutes sketching our own versions of a piece. 





1 comment: